Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Playing with SharePoint 2010 installation

As you know that SharePoint 2010 needs windows server 64 2008 and I’m using windows 7 so I tried to find if I can install SharePoint 2010 on windows 7 or not, one of my friends “Ramy Abd Elmonaem” told me yes you can I sent me this article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee554869(office.14).aspx and we tried both to install it because he did it on his laptop and it works, but unfortunately it doesn’t work with me I don’t know why? I did all the steps but failed to install it so what can I do now? I’ve a session after few days and I’ve to work on physical machine “because I hate the virtuals :)” so I decided to install windows server 2008 R2 on my laptop, Yes, I installed it beside windows 7 so I’ve now on my laptop both windows 7 and windows 2008 and I installed sharepoint 2010 on windows 2008 and it works now very well with me and I’m ready for my next session.

I was worry from installing windows 2008 on my small laptop because of the performance but I found it very fast and many of my friends like it as a very stable windows with very powerful tools.

So now I’ve windows 7 on my laptop for fun and windows 2008 server for fun too.

No comments: